visitor data add on

Ask the community for help and support.
cottonheadedidiot

visitor data add on

Post by cottonheadedidiot »

Hello. More than a decade ago, on a much earlier version of our site, we had installed a very nifty add-on that gave us a really excellent visitor history table showing in-bound originating URL, country, whether they were a bot, and other stuff too! It could produce a variety of useful reports. If was really great for getting a feel for what your traffic is looking like.

For some reason, I'm unable to find the add-on here or over at the other place. I might just be bad a searching.

If you remember which add-on I'm talking about, I would love to be able to find it again. It might not work with Pheonix, though. If you know the add-on and you know it doesn't work, that would be great to know too. We are running Phoenix 1.0.3.0. If anyone knows the add-on, and it running it on Phoenix without too much trouble, it would be really great to know. It was a very cool contribution.
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: visitor data add on

Post by admin »

Please note, links to Addons other than in the Addons Library will be removed from the public forum.
(Personal Messages could be used to communicate them.)
cottonheadedidiot

Well. Okay. If there is a Phoenix user who will message me the name and location of this add-on, if you could tell me where it is and that it still works, I would be forever in your debt. If this is lost to the oscommerce universe - for some reason I can't find it at that other place - that would be a big loss, because it really did produce awesome reports. You could see a much more complete picture than 'who's online'. You could see their IP, where they linked from, everywhere they visited while on the site. It is one of the greatest add-ons for oscommerce ever created. If it actually still works in the Phoenix world, it would be wonderful for everyone.

There was one other thing I want to put into the forum. Someone may search for this at some point in the future. This is off topic.

I just wanted to let the community know that subscription based content management is genuinely possible using Paywhirl payment widgets and integration within Phoenix. If you learn their PHP API, you can do it. Although there needs to be two carts, there only needs to be a single registration. Whenever a customer registers at our site, we use their PHP API to create a Paywhirl account on the Paywhirl system too. With something called 'multiauth tokens' you can pass customers to the Paywhirl system without them having to log in to their account there. You do this by also giving every customer a Paywhirl ID as a session variable. If they click a restricted page, you can query if they are an active subscriber and initiate the Paywhirl cart without a separate login. The way it basically works is the you speak to Paywhirl using their function library that Composer installs (that thing is something else) and Paywhirl speaks to you with JSON objects for which it is trial and error to manipulate. It was a big relief that we could make subscriber accounts happen without a separate log-in so I thought I would put this general sketch here for anyone who wants to have an (almost) integrated subscription payment system on their site. If you are willing to feel your way with the Paywhirl system, you can get it to work really well in Phoenix.
Fiber
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Fiber »

cottonheadedidiot wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:37 pm Well. Okay. If there is a Phoenix user who will message me the name and location of this add-on, if you could tell me where it is and that it still works, I would be forever in your debt.
You have a message, don't know if it's the right one, you can say that :-)
Turn up the Max
cottonheadedidiot

Thank you. That is the one!
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by 14Steve14 »

Have you looked in your hosting account to see if they offer any reports. Most do. Thinks like AW Stats is quite good. There are also things like Google analytics and google search console.

Does depend on what sort of stats you actually need though.

If all else fails you will have to get a developer to code what you want.