Allow store pickup without low order fee

Ask the community for help and support.
wal

Allow store pickup without low order fee

Post by wal »

Hi all,

I have installed raiwa' s excellent store pickup addon, but need to disallow the store low order fee I have set up for customers who need delivery.

I want customers who collect from the shop to be able to purchase at any value (say $1) and not pay the low order fee - but still have the fee in place for customers who want delivery.

I have tried modifying includes/modules/order_total/ot_loworderfee.php to override if Collect is selected at Shipping - however various attempts have failed - not enough php skills unfortunately.

Any ideas would be welcome

cheers wal
raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Re: Allow store pickup without low order fee

Post by raiwa »

Try changing line 44 to:

Code: Select all

if ( $_SESSION['shipping'] != 'spu_spu' && ($pass == true) && ( ($order->info['total'] - $order->info['shipping_cost']) < MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_LOWORDERFEE_ORDER_UNDER) ) {

Untested, please try.
Public Phoenix Change Log Cheat Set on Google Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Need Help?viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27
wal

Post by wal »

Thank you Rainer,

Have been away from home all day, but a quick trial tonight shows it doesn't work - however I will try a variation tomorrow based on your code, now that I have an idea (?) how it works.

Your skills are much better than mine, so any other idea(s) will be appreciated (I have no skill .. :lol: )

cheers
wal
wal

Post by wal »

Hi Rainer - final follow up on this topic.

I tried a variation of if $_SESSION['shipping'] != 'spu_spu' as part of a function to stop the call of the low order fee earlier than line 44 - this did not work due to lack of php skills ..... However ... I tried something more simple to save time on any rework of ot_lowerorderfee.php in this instance.

Realising most of our orders fall into the low order fee value, I used the flat rate module as the default shipping option, suitably renamed, with the choice of your store pickup as the other. Just a workaround I know, but it will be fine in our shop, and where orders shouldn't have the fee - we will just refund..

Thanks again for your input.

cheers
wal