Messages during Checkout

Ask the community for help and support.
lecarlb
VIP Member
VIP Member

Messages during Checkout

Post by lecarlb »

I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this problem. Often times I get a message dealing with the customers not seeing where to input payment info. I assume they expect the place to enter payment details on checkout_payment.php.

1. Has anyone had the same issue and what did you implement?

2. Can messages be inserted via hook(s) during the checkout process that tell customers what to do next? For example, "Enter payment details on the next page"

Please share any ideas.
@heatherbell @ecartz @burt @zipurman
lecarlb
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Messages during Checkout

Post by lecarlb »

Here's what I came up with by editing the respective language files and template files. I'm sure there's a way without touching core code but I'm not a coder. See attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

lecarlb wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:38 amI'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this problem. Often times I get a message dealing with the customers not seeing where to input payment info. I assume they expect the place to enter payment details on checkout_payment.php.
1. Has anyone had the same issue and what did you implement?
No, never but payment details are not entered on our website, they are entered on the payment provider website, we use SagePay Form.
lecarlb wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:38 am Can messages be inserted via hook(s) during the checkout process
There's an example in the User Guide
https://phoenixcart.org/phoenixcartwiki ... a_New_Hook
lecarlb wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:09 am I'm sure there's a way without touching core code
If what you have done is done on copies of those files in your selected template e.g. /templates/override/ then you have not touched core code.
zipurman
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Post by zipurman »

As @heatherbell mentioned, you can create your own version of the template under /templates/override/pages/...

You could also create a hook includes/hooks/checkout_shipping/myhook123.php using the injectFormDisplay hook, but that would not alter the button. You could put some text above the button, or you could create your own button and add some css to hide the default button.

The easiest route is the override template. Then when upgrading in future, just review any changes to any files in the default template, where you have your own version in the override template.
zipurman
aka Preston Lord
-----------
Happy to help where I can ;)

https://phoenixaddons.com
https://www.youtube.com/zipurman/ ** PHOENIX HOW-TO VIDEOS **