Blank checkout_process.php page

Ask the community for help and support.
wal

Blank checkout_process.php page

Post by wal »

phoenix v1.0.8.3
PayPal Payments Express Module v5.018

Hi forum,

Like philpla in June 2021, I'm having an issue with the Auto Return process but mine is with the paypal express module.

When the customer is auto returned from Paypal to .../checkout_process.php. to complete the transaction, it is just a blank page (without an error message if I turn on error reporting).

The Paypal transaction is completed and funds paid by customer & received by seller, however no Order is recorded in Admin or against the customer sales record. Stock is not deducted, and the email to the store owner shows the transaction value but not items purchased ....

I have a bank transfer addon installed, and the same issues when the Finalise My Order button is clicked (obs because it goes to the same checkout_process page .. )

The only problem I found was the missing ( ' ) in the english/hooks/ MATC file - const ENTRY_MATC = ( ' )Click to complete profile'; which fixed the missing Finalise My Order button .. (that I then realised had been missing ...)

I have checked all possible store and PayPal settings without any impact on the problem(s), so am again in need of forum assistance

All ideas will be welcome - When I look at the PayPal log, we have missed orders because the customer hasn't been able to complete their order since the updated (V1083) shop went live..

cheers
wal

Tags:
burt
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: Blank checkout_process.php page

Post by burt »

What does the hosting error_log say? If you do not have access to it, your host will.
Gamechanger Addon: Queued Emails, try before you buy.
wal

Re: Blank checkout_process.php page

Post by wal »

burt wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:18 pm What does the hosting error_log say? If you do not have access to it, your host will.
Thank you Burt, I will check the log. For now I've identified one self-inflicted error so the bank transfer checkout process, email send(shop & customer), customer/order data are saving and working correctly. This was due to a missed SQL update (V1.0.8.1) :oops: - so am now assuming the PayPal might be the same and will be checking my V1.0.8.3 database for more variances.

The Paypal error still occurs on the return from PayPal to website for purchase completion on this page -
https://www.myshop.com.au/shop/ext/modu ... XXXXXXXXXX
The page is blank and does not prompt an error if I enable error reporting in the shop/config file.

Thank you, will update if I find a solution and will now check the error log as you suggested.

cheers
wal

A final update: Having installed the complete V1.0.8.1 SQL update, everything is working perfectly. Not sure how I missed it - I noted twice (!) that it had been done .. Thanks again