1.0.8.5 Questions / Comments / Concerns

Ask the community for help and support.
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

1.0.8.5 Questions / Comments / Concerns

Post by ecartz »

Update instructions (from 1.0.8.4): https://github.com/CE-PhoenixCart/Updat ... /README.md
Update SQL: https://github.com/CE-PhoenixCart/Updat ... update.sql
Update zip: https://github.com/CE-PhoenixCart/Updat ... update.zip
Release: https://github.com/CE-PhoenixCart/Phoen ... g/v1.0.8.5

This is the 1.0.8.5 release, in the 1.0.8.* series. Primary changes:

1. More admin flexibility for add-ons.
2. Updated email header handling for non-ASCII alphabets.
3. Ongoing conversion from using functions from old function files to new class files.

For a long time, we've had the weirdness of using the categories page to make product changes. This release moves both category and product changes to a new catalog page. This should look and act the same as the old categories page, just better named. I did it now, as I was updating the code of that page and adding more files. So it would be harder to make that change in the future than it was now.

Also updated the action recorder, customers, and products expected pages. This should make them more secure and improve flexibility with add-ons. For example, it should be easier for add-ons to provide their own actions on those pages. Expect this to continue in future version releases, along with the ongoing migration from the old function files to the new autoloaded class files.

Tags:
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: 1.0.8.5 Questions / Comments / Concerns

Post by Kofod95 »

Comment:
A quick glance at what has changed leaves me amazed!
Not that I understand very much of it, but it seems as if things have been changed for the better - drastically!
I cannot wait to try and figure out how to do things now, and explore the possibilities that seems to be expanded even further, regarding addons to the former admin/categories.php!
Thank you, for you work, @ecartz!

Just a quick little story: My wife looked at me very silly, as she saw my jaw drop when I looked through the changes, and she could feel my excitement for them. Maybe I'm overreading the changes, but I'm imagining where this leads in future updates as well, which, I think, justifies my current excitement!

//Daniel
I'm not smart, but sometimes even a blind chicken can find a corn.
Here are a lot of corns: Phoenix user guide
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Where do I run or add the SQL please ?

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO hooks (hooks_site, hooks_group, hooks_action, hooks_code, hooks_class, hooks_method) VALUES ('admin', 'action_recorder', 'expireAction', 'zz_expire', '', 'actionRecorderAdmin::notify_expiration');

UPDATE configuration SET use_function = 'Config::get_zone_name' WHERE configuration_key = 'STORE_ZONE';
UPDATE configuration SET set_function = 'Config::select_multiple(Country::fetch_options(), ' WHERE set_function = 'gdpr_select_countries(';
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

You would normally run SQL in something like phpMyAdmin. Your host presumably has some kind of database administration software available.

If you have command line access, you could call MySQL directly.
zipurman
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Post by zipurman »

Nigel wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:26 pm Where do I run or add the SQL please ?
You can also use this addon for these types of SQL updates:
app.php/addons/free_addon/database_tool/
zipurman
aka Preston Lord
-----------
Happy to help where I can ;)

https://phoenixaddons.com
https://www.youtube.com/zipurman/ ** PHOENIX HOW-TO VIDEOS **
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I do have full access to phpMyadmin etc., and the tables, files...
I just wasn't sure where to apply it.
Is it a case of just being within the database itself, the SQL will apply itself to the relevant table / query when run in an SQL pane ?
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

Nigel wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:30 amIs it a case of just being within the database itself, the SQL will apply itself to the relevant table / query when run in an SQL pane ?
Yes. If you are in the right database (sometimes phpMyAdmin can access more than one), it will apply itself correctly.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

ecartz wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:52 am
Nigel wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:30 amIs it a case of just being within the database itself, the SQL will apply itself to the relevant table / query when run in an SQL pane ?
Yes. If you are in the right database (sometimes phpMyAdmin can access more than one), it will apply itself correctly.
I have an instance of presta so that db is there, nothing else.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

After applying the update I had 2 working options, one catalog and one categories. Renaming the categories.php to old gives me the error 404 for categories but the link is still available from the menu. The Catalog link works as before.

I still see the following.
doublemenu.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ecartz
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by ecartz »

Nigel wrote: Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:05 am After applying the update I had 2 working options, one catalog and one categories. Renaming the categories.php to old gives me the error 404 for categories but the link is still available from the menu. The Catalog link works as before.
I updated the instructions to include more files to delete.