Live Customer Service

Ask the community for help and support.
shopify

Re: Live Customer Service

Post by shopify »

@lambro28 Sorry it didn't work for you but it did for us. Many people spend money on advertising, buying leads etc with no guarantee of a sale. We do not pay for such. Instead we use the leads we already have (eyeballs on our website), engage with them and make the sale. My business is small too but offering customers omni channels like our Whatsapp channel and an IVR to communicate has resulted in an average sales of £20-25k p/month. Costs and overheads takes up about 60% of that. I know it's a little money but a live chat will open up another channel to have conversations with potential customers. I just don't like third party software. I prefer something native.
Yahalimu

Post by Yahalimu »

We use ProProfs Chat on our site.
Easy integration, just a line of script.
As the the post above mentioned though, we rarely switch it on these days because there is often no-one available to operate it and we found most users expected a chat to be answered almost immediately and got very annoyed if it took more than a couple of minutes to answer.
If you can dedicate someone to always answer the chat almost immediately its probably of more benefit.
Even when offline though it gives an ability to email a message with one click which IS often used, the customers seem to like that.
KenSO

Post by KenSO »

Yahalimu wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:02 am We use ProProfs Chat on our site.
Easy integration, just a line of script.
As the the post above mentioned though, we rarely switch it on these days because there is often no-one available to operate it and we found most users expected a chat to be answered almost immediately and got very annoyed if it took more than a couple of minutes to answer.
If you can dedicate someone to always answer the chat almost immediately its probably of more benefit.
Even when offline though it gives an ability to email a message with one click which IS often used, the customers seem to like that.
I personally don't like third party tools for obvious security reasons. I just don't like them. The fewer external links or dependencies I have in code running my site, the better for me. I like to keep things simple, uncomplicated. So best scenario will be a self hosted live chat addon for phoenix.

As for dedicating someone to handling chats, I'd think any serious minded business person looking to open up new customer channels and to improve customer experience as well as sales, shouldn't be queasy about doing the needful. I operate my business 24hrs by virtue that it's an online store. So I should be able to cover customer interaction all the time.
raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Post by raiwa »

Have a look at LiveZilla. It’s free and standalone (no external dependency). If I well remember, one short JavaScript to integrate.
Public Phoenix Change Log Cheat Set on Google Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Need Help?viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27
shopify

Post by shopify »

raiwa wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:05 pm Have a look at LiveZilla. It’s free and standalone (no external dependency). If I well remember, one short JavaScript to integrate.
This is a windows application, not for website?
raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Post by raiwa »

yes, but it seems they have versions for ios and android available
Public Phoenix Change Log Cheat Set on Google Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Need Help?viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27