Live Customer Service

Ask the community for help and support.
shopify

Live Customer Service

Post by shopify »

I was wondering if there is a mod to engage customer in a chat real-time. Presently, we can see who's online and what product they are looking it and jump to the product page by clicking the link (if a product). Well, I modified my who's online file to jump to product on a new page.

What would be really nice is a way to chat to the customer once on product page to help guide their buying decision :) A simple chat tool, nothing over the top will suffice. I think feature will be useful for all and should be built into cart.
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Live Customer Service

Post by heatherbell »

shopify wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:39 amA simple chat tool
Internet searching e.g. 'chat tool for website' gives numerous tools that do that job.
Some are free and also give support to enable integration with your website.
puddlec
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by puddlec »

I use a free one, quite good, just dump the javascript in, then all the config is done on the company's website, they got an app as well, which you can use, the chat has a lot of features one handy one is you can have pre-written responses, then you just do something like #response1
shopify

Post by shopify »

puddlec wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:33 am I use a free one, quite good, just dump the javascript in, then all the config is done on the company's website, they got an app as well, which you can use, the chat has a lot of features one handy one is you can have pre-written responses, then you just do something like #response1
Not what I had i mind. I don't want any third party tools, just a simple script that'll run off my website. The fewer third party tools one intergrates to website and rely on, the better.
lambro28

Post by lambro28 »

Not used any myself, but was going to look into these two

https://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how ... --net-5931

https://www.phplivesupport.com/pricing.php

When we ran live chat on our old site, we found we got over loaded. Phone calls, emails, wlak ins, and then chat. Depends how busy the site is, and how many staff you have, but we couldnt handle the amount of chat people wanted. They rarely just asked a simple question and left. It used to get drawn into half hour+ sessions
KenSO

Post by KenSO »

I'm really interested in this, something built for phoenix that does not depend on external sites. I'm very wary of connecting my shop to or relying on other sites to run so the fewer the better. Besides, all these suggested tool are very heavy. Something light and made for phoenis is preferable. Maybe too much to ask for....
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Kofod95 »

You can always contact one of the certified developers, as they will be able to make exactly what you need and want.

To me it sounds like an interesting challenge for a DIY-project, but I have neither the skills nor the time to guarantee any results. I might add it to my list of interesting things to try out, but I have a lot of things on that list, so I wouldn't expect any results before the calendar writes 2022, and maybe not ever, as skills and time limits what I can do.
You could look at some of the solutions in the link provided by@heatherbell and see if you can DIY with that. I would make a header_tag-module to show it to the customers, and a new admin-page to handle your responses. Maybe also a dashboard-module or a sitewide admin-hook, just to make sure not to miss any messages. If you try to DIY, you can post here for help, as I (and others, I think) have more time to reply to very specific questions than to make and maintain complete solutions - noone is getting any money from helping in this forum, so the less is aksed, the higher the chance for an answer. I hope it makes sense.

//Daniel
I'm not smart, but sometimes even a blind chicken can find a corn.
Here are a lot of corns: Phoenix user guide
ReneH4

Post by ReneH4 »

I think this is exactly what will happen. One answer allways equals to 3 new questions :-)

Another disadvantage for smaller shop owners is that you will have to remain behind the screen.
A solution for this is that you couls switch on the system for certain hours only....

But I must say I like the idea of a live chat though....
lambro28 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:16 pm When we ran live chat on our old site, we found we got over loaded. Phone calls, emails, wlak ins, and then chat. Depends how busy the site is, and how many staff you have, but we couldnt handle the amount of chat people wanted. They rarely just asked a simple question and left. It used to get drawn into half hour+ sessions
shopify

Post by shopify »

ReneH4 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:08 pm I think this is exactly what will happen. One answer allways equals to 3 new questions :-)

Another disadvantage for smaller shop owners is that you will have to remain behind the screen.
A solution for this is that you couls switch on the system for certain hours only....

lambro28 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:16 pm When we ran live chat on our old site, we found we got over loaded. Phone calls, emails, wlak ins, and then chat. Depends how busy the site is, and how many staff you have, but we couldnt handle the amount of chat people wanted. They rarely just asked a simple question and left. It used to get drawn into half hour+ sessions
Nothing wrong with potential customers asking questions even if the first leads for five more. The more questions they ask the more of an indication that they are interested in product and will possibly buy. If you have done your part of offering good customer service to them by answering their questions, you can close the deal by making a call to action. Even if they end up not buying, they can't accuse you of not answering questions or provide good customer service.

We want a live chat to compliment our 24hr IVR which customer can call at anytime and speak to someone. But having a live chat like that is great for customer experience (XO). Why should anyone buy from you if you are unwilling to make an effort to engage with them? You want their money, right? Well, you have to engage. The best solution will be a light addon built for phoenix, not third party applications fraught with all kind of issues.

Every question asked and answered is a step closer to customer emptying pocket of oney into you bank account :D
Last edited by shopify on Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lambro28

Post by lambro28 »

shopify wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:37 pm
ReneH4 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:08 pm I think this is exactly what will happen. One answer allways equals to 3 new questions :-)

Nothing wrong with potential customers asking questions even if the first leads for five more. The more questions they ask the more of an indication that they are interested in product and will possibly buy.
Its not a case of not wanting customers to ask questions, it is the amount of time you can dedicate to one customer, while still trying to operate the rest of your business. Great if it works for you, but our work load and customer questions didnt work for us.