PayPal Express credit card payment failure

Ask the community for help and support.
wal

PayPal Express credit card payment failure

Post by wal »

Hi all,

I have a problem with PayPal Express credit card payments not completing in V1.0.8.3 . This happens during guest checkout at the return to my shop after entering credit card and all relevant details for PayPal and clicking the continue button there.
The shop displays a generic 500 Error (see image) and clicking the back button simply returns to the What's In My Cart page.
PayPal credit card error.jpg
I have checked all the PayPal settings in the shop and in my PayPal account settings - all look as they should to allow guest checkout and card payments.

Have I missed an update somewhere? Or can you suggest anything I can try to fix this error - the shop is obviously missing sales when I view the PayPal log and see the incompleted orders there. There are no problems if a customer has a PayPal account and pays that way.

Thanks in anticipation ..

wal
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tags:
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: PayPal Express credit card payment failure

Post by heatherbell »

wal wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:07 pmthe shop is obviously missing sales when I view the PayPal log and see the incompleted orders there.
I can't offer any solution to the Paypal Express issue but to prevent any more lost sales until that is resolved, it would be best to install Paypal Standard which works for us without discernible problems.
wal

Post by wal »

heatherbell wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:58 am
wal wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:07 pmthe shop is obviously missing sales when I view the PayPal log and see the incompleted orders there.
I can't offer any solution to the Paypal Express issue but to prevent any more lost sales until that is resolved, it would be best to install Paypal Standard which works for us without discernible problems.
Thanks heatherbell - I will look at using PP Standard
cheers
wal
bitit
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by bitit »

probabily is a bug in the code , i have solved in the way indicated in this topic
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=551

Enrico