Switch from oscommerce to phoenix

Ask the community for help and support.
jan_hartvig

Switch from oscommerce to phoenix

Post by jan_hartvig »

Hi
I'm considering to change to phoenix from oscommerce. but have some questions before I do it.

Can I create a phoenix webshop in a folder on the webhotel to run the webshop paralell. or is there a ezyer way to do it.
I'm currently running my webshop live.

I am quite unfamiliar about programming, but have been patient in trying to create the page in oscommerce, there are some things that don't work, so I'm learning along the way, so be patient with me :-)

Tags:
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: switch from oscommerce to phoenix

Post by heatherbell »

jan_hartvig wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:12 pm Can I create a phoenix webshop in a folder on the webhotel to run the webshop paralell.
I am not sure I have understood your question.
Phoenix can be installed in a sub-folder of your website if that is what you mean e.g. yourWebsite/Phoenix/
burt
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Re: switch from oscommerce to phoenix

Post by burt »

It would be best to purchase some temporary hosting so that you can keep your Phoenix separate from your live shop while you are testing things. You can then recreate your live shop in your testing space...

Of course you can some form of offline hosting (ie host it on your own computer where only you can see the site) such as by using XAMPP or Uniserver or such programs.

I feel it's important for most people to keep live shop and test shop away from each other, so that there is no way that the live shop can accidentally be broken in some way by user error.
Gamechanger Addon: Queued Emails, try before you buy.
jan_hartvig

Re: Switch from oscommerce to phoenix

Post by jan_hartvig »

That was the answer I wanted, thanls allot. I will arrange another sigth to run the offline shop