Shipping Delivery Advisory

Ask the community for help and support.
raiwa
PhoenixCart Developer
PhoenixCart Developer

Re: Shipping Delivery Advisory

Post by raiwa »

You do not need to retrieve the constant value by database query. Configuration constants are always available. They are retrieved already in application_top.php via system hook.
You can just do:

Code: Select all

echo  MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_DELIVERY_TIME;
But the easy way would be just to add the constant to the title in the language file:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_TITLE', 'Flat Rate ' . MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_DELIVERY_TIME);
or this would show it in a second line:

define('MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_WAY', MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_DELIVERY_TIME);
Another way would be to add it in the module itself:
line 23

'module' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_TITLE . ' ' . MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_DELIVERY_TIME,
or line 26:

'title' => MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_TEXT_WAY . MODULE_SHIPPING_FLAT_DELIVERY_TIME,
Note:
Do not modify a core page, make a copy into "templates/override/" and modify this copy.
Do not modify a core module. Make a copy and rename it.
See these instructions:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=911
It's for a content module, but it's the same for a shipping module. Except that you would make the copy in the same directory and that there is no template file.
Public Phoenix Change Log Cheat Set on Google Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Need Help?viewtopic.php?f=10&t=27
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Kofod95 »

Just for your information it would be better to create new modules with new names to do it, as that would preserve your changes through future updates.
For the change in checkout_shipping it is advised to use a hook to echo the text for the same reason.
That is for your own benefit to assure easy updating in the future, so do as you please. PhoenixCart is made flexible to allow modifications without modifying core files, but the individual can do as he or she prefers

//Daniel
I'm not smart, but sometimes even a blind chicken can find a corn.
Here are a lot of corns: Phoenix user guide
gabbysplaza

Post by gabbysplaza »

I'm grateful to you all for your help with this and the various approaches you've offered.

I embarked on my attempt to resolve this with zero knowledge of this software and how it bolts together. There is an assumption that we are all on the same level in terms of technical knowledge but sadly that's not the case. I'm not anywhere near your levels of knowledge and do not even understand some of the terminologies used here. It is why I asked that you bear with me if I make mistakes.

Thank you very much for helping me get this resolved.
Kofod95
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Kofod95 »

gabbysplaza wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:59 pm There is an assumption that we are all on the same level in terms of technical knowledge but sadly that's not the case. I'm not anywhere near your levels of knowledge and do not even understand some of the terminologies used here.
I'm sorry for giving that impression!
I'm quite stupid, and all I know is from trial and error, w3-school, stackoverflow and the User Guide. I'm glad you gave it a shot, and happy for you that you came to a functional result!
Just like the language English, which is easy for native speakers, but hard for someone like me, giving Phoenix-flying-instructions can be easy enough for those with experience but hard to understand for those with little or no experience.

Please ask, if you want termonology, or anything else further explained - the User Guide offers examples for making stuff happen with hooks, copy modules and quite a lot more - if you find the time to explore it, I'm sure you will quickly learn to follow and adjust our flying instructions, and make them your own, so your Phoenix will fly as you want it to :)

//Daniel
I'm not smart, but sometimes even a blind chicken can find a corn.
Here are a lot of corns: Phoenix user guide
gabbysplaza

Post by gabbysplaza »

Kofod95 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:57 pm
gabbysplaza wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:59 pm There is an assumption that we are all on the same level in terms of technical knowledge but sadly that's not the case. I'm not anywhere near your levels of knowledge and do not even understand some of the terminologies used here.
I'm sorry for giving that impression!
I'm quite stupid, and all I know is from trial and error, w3-school, stackoverflow and the User Guide. I'm glad you gave it a shot, and happy for you that you came to a functional result!
Just like the language English, which is easy for native speakers, but hard for someone like me, giving Phoenix-flying-instructions can be easy enough for those with experience but hard to understand for those with little or no experience.

Please ask, if you want termonology, or anything else further explained - the User Guide offers examples for making stuff happen with hooks, copy modules and quite a lot more - if you find the time to explore it, I'm sure you will quickly learn to follow and adjust our flying instructions, and make them your own, so your Phoenix will fly as you want it to :)

//Daniel
Thank you for your kind and gracious response.