Product Attributes v1.0.8.7 Non delete able in admin

Ask the community for help and support.
Petbeemer

Product Attributes v1.0.8.7 Non delete able in admin

Post by Petbeemer »

Hi all, after setting up a fresh v1.0.8.7 ive added files for download on the site, however the product attributes cannot be edited or deleted once created, i have to go into mysql to delete them on the server, if you try to edit an attribute in Admin it doesn't work and just displays a copy of the product which is then blank? When trying to delete an attribute the box turns red as it used to but upon clicking the delete 'final' it does nothing and just returns to attributes page.
Anyone else had this?
tedukes

Re: Product Attributes v1.0.8.7 Non delete able in admin

Post by tedukes »

I had this happen as well, BUT, it was after I followed another members instruction on how to update the AJAX Attribute Manager. I added an attribute to a product then tried to delete it. I thought I did something wrong as their update instructions weren't really clear in some places.

I removed the module and haven't tried again. It was easier for me just to delete the product than delete from the database.
ce7

Re: Product Attributes v1.0.8.7 Non delete able in admin

Post by ce7 »

It's a bit late to reply this but for people who might be just use 1087 version instead of newest version like me, I hope this might help.

I had test from 1080 ~ 10811 version, only 1086 and 1087 admin/products_attributes.php has problems
problem 1: unable to delete the options.
problem 2: the +price value will not be added correctly

my solution is to copy 1088 version admin/products_attributes.php and then those 2 problem can be fixed.