Group Funding for Addons

Ask the community for help and support.
LeeFoster
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Group Funding for Addons

Post by LeeFoster »

tedukes wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:02 pm
LeeFoster wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:34 pm You could become a pro supporter and hope that @burt releases an addon that does what you want or put a post on stating exactly what it is you need and see if anyone else needs the same and is willing to contribute either time or skills to the project.
That's $13.38/month USD for me.
Like I said, the first thing to do is work out how many people want the addon you do.
tedukes

Post by tedukes »

LeeFoster wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 6:28 pm
tedukes wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:02 pm
LeeFoster wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:34 pm You could become a pro supporter and hope that @burt releases an addon that does what you want or put a post on stating exactly what it is you need and see if anyone else needs the same and is willing to contribute either time or skills to the project.
That's $13.38/month USD for me.
Like I said, the first thing to do is work out how many people want the addon you do.

I get what you're saying.

Too bad, good intentions, bad idea.

See ya!
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by 14Steve14 »

tedukes wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:07 pm Hello,

Really loving Phoenix!! I converted an OSC 2.3.4 store over.

There are some really great addons but no where close to the choices for OSC. I'm sure in time, there will be more.

There is an OSC addon, Monthly Sales and Tax Reports, Link Removed, I'd like to see if it could be converted to Phoenix.

There is a version for Phoenix in the OSC addons, but its not current.

So, I was wondering if there is anyone else that would like this addon and willing to help fund the conversion by one of the Certified Developers. There are only a few developers and they do all the work for little or nothing. I think its only fair they are compensated.

Thanks!!
There are other similar addons that have already been converted for use on Phoenix earlier versions which with a bit of work could possibly be updated to work with newer versions of Phoenix. I am not going to post a link here, but there is one called Detailed monthly sales, which I use on an earlier version of Phoenix, that was updated in 2018 so it may not need that much work.

I also like your idea of pooling funds to get the addon that you require. Good in theory, but I doubt you will ever get two store owners that want exactly the same thing.

What I would do if I were you, would be to discuss your own requirements with a developer, they are not as expensive as you think, and if they can see that they could sell more copies of your idea, they may take on the work. I had all the UK Royal mail modules updated and that was no where near as expensive as I thought it would be. Automatic product notification updates was really cheap, so it can be done.