A question about installing addons (the file structure)
Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2026 11:36 pm
A question about installing addons.
In the instructions (Phoenix cart user guide) it says :
"The contents of the unzipped addon will have a folder/directory structure that matches the structure of your store folders/directories.
Ensure the folders/directories and/or files are uploaded from your computer to the matching locations in your shop on the server"
So far I have installed addons that fit that description (following the file structure), but I have seen/downloaded addons that don't follow the file structure completely, for instance the file structure points to a folder that does not exist in my cart file structure.
I don't know if I am supposed to create that folder or the addon is for a different version of Phoenix cart or for a different skin (I am using override).
I know it maybe a silly question, but I would rather check before I break something again
(up to this point I have not bothered with addons that do not match the file structure completely in case of breaking things)
Thank you,
Steve
In the instructions (Phoenix cart user guide) it says :
"The contents of the unzipped addon will have a folder/directory structure that matches the structure of your store folders/directories.
Ensure the folders/directories and/or files are uploaded from your computer to the matching locations in your shop on the server"
So far I have installed addons that fit that description (following the file structure), but I have seen/downloaded addons that don't follow the file structure completely, for instance the file structure points to a folder that does not exist in my cart file structure.
I don't know if I am supposed to create that folder or the addon is for a different version of Phoenix cart or for a different skin (I am using override).
I know it maybe a silly question, but I would rather check before I break something again
(up to this point I have not bothered with addons that do not match the file structure completely in case of breaking things)
Thank you,
Steve