Quantity Discounts?

Ask the community for help and support.
lecarlb
VIP Member
VIP Member

Quantity Discounts?

Post by lecarlb »

Hello,

Has anyone developed or upgraded any quantity discount modules?

Thanks a million.
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Re: Quantity Discounts?

Post by heatherbell »

lecarlb wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:42 am Has anyone developed or upgraded any quantity discount modules?
I remember @burt previewing something similar.
We used to use https://www.thatsoftwareguy.com/osc_qua ... ounts.html - it works on Phoenix but has problems if you have products with mixed tax rates.
burt
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post by burt »

I have made a "price breaks" thing which is due to be a Supporters Code at some point.

So the shopowner would set the product price: $10
Then go (eg): Buy 2 for $18, Buy 3 for $16

etc. Obviously the breaks can be different per product or the product can of course have no price breaks.

Is that the type of thing you were looking for ?
Gamechanger Addon: Queued Emails, try before you buy.
lecarlb
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by lecarlb »

burt wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:58 am I have made a "price breaks" thing which is due to be a Supporters Code at some point.

etc. Obviously the breaks can be different per product or the product can of course have no price breaks.

Oh yeah. I remember you were working on something. I understand if we must wait. I may try something else until your version is ready. As you continue to improve the quality of the code, modules not built up to code are like transplanting organs lol. That's why I became a supporter.
lecarlb
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by lecarlb »

@heatherbell With that particular addon, it would be hard to apply the quantity discount to only a few items and EXCLUDE thousands of others. If you try to exclude products based on parent category, it doesn't trickle down through subcategories. And if you try to apply directly to the subcategory, the pi and product_info modules won't load on version 1.0.7.6.

@burt Yes, I'm looking for something as you mentioned above. Ideally, applied to individual products or exclude products based on parent category. Didn't you have something available for testing or was it on a demo shop?
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

lecarlb wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:57 am @heatherbell With that particular addon, it would be hard to apply the quantity discount to only a few items and EXCLUDE thousands of others. If you try to exclude products based on parent category, it doesn't trickle down through subcategories. And if you try to apply directly to the subcategory, the pi and product_info modules won't load on version 1.0.7.6.
Yes, I know but I don't know your particular use case so It was just a suggestion along with the proposed add-on by burt.
lecarlb
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by lecarlb »

heatherbell wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:47 am
lecarlb wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:57 am @heatherbell With that particular addon, it would be hard to apply the quantity discount to only a few items and EXCLUDE thousands of others. If you try to exclude products based on parent category, it doesn't trickle down through subcategories. And if you try to apply directly to the subcategory, the pi and product_info modules won't load on version 1.0.7.6.
Yes, I know but I don't know your particular use case so It was just a suggestion along with the proposed add-on by burt.
I do appreciate your suggestion. After looking at the YouTube video, I do believe Burt's is the more attractive one because of the way it's set up in admin. Just go to that particular product and set it.
heatherbell
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by heatherbell »

lecarlb wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:10 amI do believe Burt's is the more attractive one because of the way it's set up in admin.
It has been our experience that all of the Go Pro add-ons by @burt are more attractive and work better than those by others.
He also seems to have the knack of making them so they can be easily changed to suit individual use cases.
ReneH4

Post by ReneH4 »

I would love to receive this one too. Hope it wil run on 1079....
burt wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:58 am I have made a "price breaks" thing which is due to be a Supporters Code at some point.

Dan Cole
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by Dan Cole »

burt wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:58 am Obviously the breaks can be different per product or the product can of course have no price breaks.

It is definitely a supporters code that I'll make good use of.

Dan