PayPal and Product Attributes

Ask the community for help and support.
Karmens

PayPal and Product Attributes

Post by Karmens »

I noticed recently that when my orders come through in PayPal email, all I get is the product name and quantity but not product attributes like colour and size.

Is it normal for PayPal to skip sending this information to me when notifying me of a purchase, or is there a setting in phoenix to send attributes to PayPal as part of order information? I can see all the information when I look at orders in phoenix, it’s just not showing in PayPal notification email.

Any assistance with this is appreciated.
Karmens

Re: PayPal and Product Attributes

Post by Karmens »

Lots of view but not a single answer. Seems this issue is too complex....
14Steve14
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post by 14Steve14 »

I always think that Paypal is a payment processor and does not need all the information. It only needs product total and possible shipping depending on the module used.

All the information you require should be available from your store and on your invoices/sales receipts.

I am sure if you contacted one of the certified developers they could update your PayPal module to send all that information if its possible, but there may be a restriction to the total number if information that it can receive.
Karmens

Post by Karmens »

14Steve14 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:55 am I always think that Paypal is a payment processor and does not need all the information. It only needs product total and possible shipping depending on the module used.

All the information you require should be available from your store and on your invoices/sales receipts.

I am sure if you contacted one of the certified developers they could update your PayPal module to send all that information if its possible, but there may be a restriction to the total number if information that it can receive.
Thaks for your reply.