New Paypal Module - Sandbox Tester Required

Content Modules, Layout Modules, Shipping, Payment & more...
User avatar
Mort_Lemur
Builder
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2026 6:12 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.6
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 40 times

New Paypal Module - Sandbox Tester Required

Post by Mort_Lemur »

The current paypal module is now classed as legacy and whilst still supported by PP it is not the best solution.

I have produced a new module using the latest PP recommended solutions.

I don't have a PP account I can use for sandbox testing.

If you are prepared to give this a go then please pm me.

Thank You :)



Join The Code Co-op to get access to your library in the Code Co-op Forum
User avatar
burt
Core Team
Posts: 4736
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:37 am
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.8
Has thanked: 279 times
Been thanked: 467 times

Re: New Paypal Module - Sandbox Tester Required

Post by burt »

Guys, *please* get involved in testing this.
You'll be helping @Mort_Lemur and helping Phoenix.

User avatar
Kofod95
Senior Contributor
Posts: 766
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:38 pm
Phoenix Version: 1.0.8.21
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 188 times

Re: New Paypal Module - Sandbox Tester Required

Post by Kofod95 »

Sorry, I'm afraid I'm too tied up at the moment to do useful and meaningful testing. If something opens up, I will let you know - and thank you very much for all the work you are doing!

//Daniel

User avatar
Mort_Lemur
Builder
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2026 6:12 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.6
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: New Paypal Module - Sandbox Tester Required

Post by Mort_Lemur »

@Kofod95

Thats OK Daniel, From previous attempts I didn't expect a great rush of testers (although I have had a couple for other mods and I'm very grateful to them - Thanks Guys!).

After lurking here for a couple of months now, I liken this forum to a Village Hall dance where the only attendees are the organisers, some blokes in the corner selling raffle tickets and an endless stream of visitors popping in to eat the free buffet then leaving........... But that's fine, it is what it is.

More testers would have made good addons into better addons but if people don't get involved they don't get a say in the finished product :)

This PayPal module is now finished and working fine in sandbox on my test site - but I wont release it until it has been tested further.

14Steve14
Senior Contributor
Posts: 942
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:01 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.0.9.1
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: New Paypal Module - Sandbox Tester Required

Post by 14Steve14 »

I would have thought that more users would have jumped at the chance of having a say in a new PayPal app for their stores. Like you say I think lots of people here are not interested in moving things forward, or helping others improve things as long as what they already have works. I look in daily just to see if there is a question being asked that I may be able to answer and most days there is nothing.

We use Johns Paid version that is absolutely great and works well.

azpro
Contributor
Posts: 192
Joined: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:25 am
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.7
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: New Paypal Module - Sandbox Tester Required

Post by azpro »

agree - more users should be involved in testing etc. but do remember ... EG I am now in a development cycle and in "the zone" .. So (at least for me) it is impossible to do/test other things when I am developing in general. I need the focus and concentration. There might be lots of reasons for others - and does not necessarily mean there is no interest or what so ever ...

User avatar
Mort_Lemur
Builder
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2026 6:12 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.6
Has thanked: 67 times
Been thanked: 40 times

Re: New Paypal Module - Sandbox Tester Required

Post by Mort_Lemur »

Looking at the download stats of recent addons, I'm starting to think there are only 10 or 11 people on here adding things to their shops.

On the other hand it might just be that nobody wants my addons....... :( :( :(

PiLLaO
Contributor
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:28 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.6
Has thanked: 65 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: New Paypal Module - Sandbox Tester Required

Post by PiLLaO »

I don't think there are many more of us around here.

I use PayPal, but almost nothing

mirabeo
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:22 am
Phoenix Version:
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: New Paypal Module - Sandbox Tester Required

Post by mirabeo »

Mort_Lemur wrote: ↑Thu Aug 27, 2026 12:32 pm Looking at the download stats of recent addons, I'm starting to think there are only 10 or 11 people on here adding things to their shops.

On the other hand it might just be that nobody wants my addons....... :( :( :(
I think your addons are great and I am very grateful to you for your work. I am installing them and testing how do they work with the idea to incorporate them when I do my migration from OSC to Phoenix. I am a shopowner capable of doing some modificatons but not a good programmer, not even a midle programmer.
I do not use paypal as payment method so I can't be of any help. Sorry.
Thank you very much.



Join The Code Co-op to get access to your library in the Code Co-op Forum
Post Reply