Search found 89 matches

by Mort_Lemur
Tue Oct 06, 2026 7:44 am
Forum: Modules
Topic: A question about installing addons (the file structure)
Replies: 10
Views: 463

Re: A question about installing addons (the file structure)

Hi Steve,

Creating new folders will not be a problem - in fact if it is a new folder just transfer that folder and its contents to your site.

Some of my addons create new folders or sub folders. These are often unique to the addon and will not affect core or be overwritten by future core updates.
by Mort_Lemur
Mon Oct 05, 2026 9:16 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: TWO posts that defined Phoenix
Replies: 7
Views: 318

Re: TWO posts that defined Phoenix

Wow - 2015 seems so long ago..... I for one do not miss the "find this and replace with this, or add this after this" type of modification, and the hours spent pouring over Beyond Compare when things did not work......... Having said that it still holds a certain amount of nostalgia..... I...
by Mort_Lemur
Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:46 pm
Forum: Modules
Topic: Smart and Fuzzy Search
Replies: 0
Views: 352

Smart and Fuzzy Search

I have uploaded a new search box in the addons area. This will make suggestions in a dropdown box as the customer starts typing (smart) It will also make suggestions if the customer makes a spelling mistake (fuzzy) [ml2phoenix] Screenshot (24).png Screenshot (25).png Download here: https://phoenixca...
by Mort_Lemur
Fri Oct 02, 2026 12:12 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: What's your Phoenix story?
Replies: 12
Views: 955

Re: What's your Phoenix story?

burt Well that now explains it nicely, I was wondering what 3.14159265359...... had to do with Phoenix........ :D Do you mean the three Tabs on the product adding/editing page ? Yes, (in my view) no need to split it into 3 tabs, makes adding a product more time consuming and difficult to "cast...
by Mort_Lemur
Mon Sep 28, 2026 6:38 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: What's your Phoenix story?
Replies: 12
Views: 955

Re: What's your Phoenix story?

OK - I'll kick this one off..... 1. How did you find Phoenix? Was on OSC since 2010, RC2a through to 2.3.4 + Mini Template system. Suddenly decided that I was on borrowed time running on php 5.6 and had better get my act together looking for a way to update. So googled something like "how to up...
by Mort_Lemur
Sat Sep 26, 2026 10:51 am
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Soooo Quiet in Here
Replies: 27
Views: 3965

Re: Soooo Quiet in Here

I seem to remember from OSC days that shop owners are reluctant to add their shop link in forums, as they then get googled and potential customers can see all the comments - both good and bad about the store. I think most are afraid as being seen as one man bands using free (although excellent!) sof...
by Mort_Lemur
Fri Sep 25, 2026 7:34 pm
Forum: The Lounge
Topic: Soooo Quiet in Here
Replies: 27
Views: 3965

Re: Soooo Quiet in Here

I did a bit more AI assisted googling with the question: Where do potential users of Phoenix cart start their search? The answer was: They usually start with a problem or a recommendation, before they know the name of a platform. There is no single starting point, but these are the places I would wa...
by Mort_Lemur
Fri Sep 18, 2026 7:09 pm
Forum: Other
Topic: Effects of Core Updates on Addons
Replies: 18
Views: 2139

Re: Effects of Core Updates on Addons

@burt
This is slightly unfair in my opinion.
Not meant as a criticism - merely pointing out that development is moving fast
by Mort_Lemur
Fri Sep 18, 2026 3:56 pm
Forum: Other
Topic: Overlapping Addons
Replies: 60
Views: 8494

Re: Overlapping Addons

Just a suggestion, but when I joined this forum a very few months ago, I did not receive any sort of welcome message or acknowledgement. Could the system not be set to send an automated email to new members "selling" what phoenix can offer them? ie. a dedicated forum, free+ paid for profes...