Print this page - Checkout_Process.php -vs- Checkout_Success.php

Open to all! Ask other shopowners for help.
ArtcoInc
Contributor
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.0.3.0
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Print this page - Checkout_Process.php -vs- Checkout_Success.php

Post by ArtcoInc »

@frankl I too can send invoices (either plain text/html or pdf) to the customer through admin. What I was looking for was a way for a customer to print their own invoice while in the shop.

I'm not sure if @Omar_one was suggested having Admin email a copy of the invoice to the customer, or having the customer send a copy of their invoice to someone else (I see security issues if the latter).

Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Malcolm



Join The Code Co-op to get access to your library in the Code Co-op Forum
frankl
Builder
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:39 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.4
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Print this page - Checkout_Process.php -vs- Checkout_Success.php

Post by frankl »

ArtcoInc wrote: ↑Thu Feb 12, 2026 10:40 pm @frankl I too can send invoices (either plain text/html or pdf) to the customer through admin. What I was looking for was a way for a customer to print their own invoice while in the shop.

I'm not sure if @Omar_one was suggested having Admin email a copy of the invoice to the customer, or having the customer send a copy of their invoice to someone else (I see security issues if the latter).

Thank you for the suggestion, though.

Malcolm
Oh, I have that too
PrintOrder.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ArtcoInc
Contributor
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.0.3.0
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Print this page - Checkout_Process.php -vs- Checkout_Success.php

Post by ArtcoInc »

frankl wrote: ↑Thu Feb 12, 2026 10:19 pm I have a system which creates a new tab on the admin orders page 'Send Order Copy'

order_copy.png

I sends PDFs (my preference) but it could be altered to send whatever I guess
@frankl What do you use to generate your PDF invoices? I use a very old add-on that can generate one, but it is quite difficult to manipulate the actually generated PDF, and believe that the PDF invoice should EXACTLY match the HTML invoice (which I find easier to stylize).

Malcolm

frankl
Builder
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:39 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.4
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Print this page - Checkout_Process.php -vs- Checkout_Success.php

Post by frankl »

Hey Malcolm, I use tcpdf

ArtcoInc
Contributor
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.0.3.0
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Print this page - Checkout_Process.php -vs- Checkout_Success.php

Post by ArtcoInc »

@frankl I'm using FPDF, although I find it tedious.

ecartz
Core Team
Posts: 3087
Joined: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:02 pm
Phoenix Version:
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 208 times

Re: Print this page - Checkout_Process.php -vs- Checkout_Success.php

Post by ecartz »

ArtcoInc wrote: ↑Sun Feb 08, 2026 9:38 pm Checkout_Process.php displays ALL of the order info
I think that you are confusing checkout_confirmation.php (shows all the info one last time before ordering) and checkout_process.php (displays nothing; redirects to checkout_success.php).

Adding a module to checkout_success.php or clicking into account_history_info.php (which displays the historical order) is the right thing to do.

ArtcoInc
Contributor
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:19 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.0.3.0
Has thanked: 90 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Print this page - Checkout_Process.php -vs- Checkout_Success.php

Post by ArtcoInc »

@ecartz No confusion. I added the new module to checkout_success.php, AFTER the customer finalized their order.



Join The Code Co-op to get access to your library in the Code Co-op Forum
Post Reply