Can I add a link to the top bar in the admin section ?
-
Dan Cole
- Senior Contributor
- Posts: 548
- Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:14 pm
- Phoenix Version: 1.0.8.21
- Has thanked: 77 times
- Been thanked: 68 times
Re: Can I add a link to the top bar in the admin section ?
Replace the existing quicklinksmenu.php file that you'll find in includes/hooks/admin/siteWide with this one. You just need to unzip the file and upload it.
Dan
Dan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
cerberus
- Member
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 10:54 pm
- Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.7
- Has thanked: 20 times
- Been thanked: 6 times
Re: Can I add a link to the top bar in the admin section ?
Perfect, thank you. now all good 
I am surprised Phoenix cart does not have a simple addon (or something built in) to allow you to edit any images you want to use for the shop product images, we dont need anything special or complicated, just need to resize (make smaller) and crop the image if needed, that is all we need.
I did find a simple image editor to do that, so that is what I wanted to add the link for in admin.
https://craciuncezar.github.io/Simple-web-image-editor/
Thank you again for doing that,
Steve
I am surprised Phoenix cart does not have a simple addon (or something built in) to allow you to edit any images you want to use for the shop product images, we dont need anything special or complicated, just need to resize (make smaller) and crop the image if needed, that is all we need.
I did find a simple image editor to do that, so that is what I wanted to add the link for in admin.
https://craciuncezar.github.io/Simple-web-image-editor/
Thank you again for doing that,
Steve
-
Dan Cole
- Senior Contributor
- Posts: 548
- Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:14 pm
- Phoenix Version: 1.0.8.21
- Has thanked: 77 times
- Been thanked: 68 times
Re: Can I add a link to the top bar in the admin section ?
You're welcome. The quick links menu is a nice little add on and your suggestion of having it open the links in a new tab makes it just that little bit nicer. Thank you for that.
Dan
Dan
- Mort_Lemur
- Builder
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2026 6:12 pm
- Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.6
- Has thanked: 67 times
- Been thanked: 40 times
Re: Can I add a link to the top bar in the admin section ?
@cerberus @Dan Cole
Thank you for the suggestion - I have now updated the addon to V2.3 which provides a "switch" against each menu option to allow selection of same window or new tab (Defaults to same window).
Should be approved for publication soon.
Thanks Again
Thank you for the suggestion - I have now updated the addon to V2.3 which provides a "switch" against each menu option to allow selection of same window or new tab (Defaults to same window).
Should be approved for publication soon.
Thanks Again
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Kofod95
- Senior Contributor
- Posts: 766
- Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:38 pm
- Phoenix Version: 1.0.8.21
- Has thanked: 103 times
- Been thanked: 188 times
Re: Can I add a link to the top bar in the admin section ?
Just for clarity: You can. Includes/hooks/admin/siteWide/hMenu.php has the other links. You can open that file and edit it. The downside is, that editing core-files makes updates harder (and will eventually cause problems with multiple edits who wants to edit the same place). That is why PhoenixCart recommends not touching core, and finding other ways to make modifications. Hooks are one of those ways.
You found an add-on that does what you want, and that is good!
However, I will encourage you to look a little bit at hooks, as my example is quite simple, and will allow you to do sooooo much very easily! So next time, when there isn't an add-on available, you will know how to achieve what you want in a safe way.
//Daniel
-
cerberus
- Member
- Posts: 86
- Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 10:54 pm
- Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.7
- Has thanked: 20 times
- Been thanked: 6 times
Re: Can I add a link to the top bar in the admin section ?
Hi Mort,
I just installed the updated addon/module, all works good, thank you
I added a couple of more colours as well as I had a few different link categories.
Thank you again,
Steve
I just installed the updated addon/module, all works good, thank you
I added a couple of more colours as well as I had a few different link categories.
Thank you again,
Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Mort_Lemur
- Builder
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2026 6:12 pm
- Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.6
- Has thanked: 67 times
- Been thanked: 40 times
