A question about shipping

Open to all! Ask other shopowners for help.
cerberus
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 10:54 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.7
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 6 times

A question about shipping

Post by cerberus »

Me again :)

I have a question about shipping.

I have set up shipping to Shipping Zone "Ireland" (see image)

However even though I have imputed a address and said I am in Ireland when I try to check out it says :

"Delivery is currently not available for the selected address. Please select or create a different address to use with your purchase"

Not too sure what I have done wrong, I can get it to work by selecting Shipping Zone "None", then it will let me check out, so not too much of a problem, but I was wondering why it will not let me check out when I select Shipping Zone "Ireland"

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get it to work correctly ?

Thank you,
Steve


Screenshot 2026-09-19 003840.png

Screenshot 2026-09-19 003814.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tags:



Join The Code Co-op to get access to your library in the Code Co-op Forum
User avatar
burt
Core Team
Posts: 4739
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:37 am
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.8
Has thanked: 279 times
Been thanked: 467 times

Re: A question about shipping

Post by burt »

You again? ;) Steve, there is no need to say that, just ask your question. Other shopowners are here to help you get started. At some point soon, you'll hopefully support the Project practically (eg by answering other peoples questions), or otherwise (eg by joining the Code Co-op).

--

What location(s) do you have in your "Ireland" Zone ?
I am not here to build for you.
I am here to build with you. Let's help each other.

raiwa
Certified Developer
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:08 am
Phoenix Version: 1.1.0.6
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 156 times

Re: A question about shipping

Post by raiwa »

Did you add the country Ireland in your tax/shipping zone?
See:
https://phoenixcart.org/phoenixcartwiki ... _Tax_Zones
Click Details or the Folder icon to open the new Tax Zone folder.
Click Insert
Select your country from the Country: drop down menu.
Select All Zones from the Zones: drop down menu.
Click Save
Public Phoenix Change Log Cheat Set on Google Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

cerberus
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 10:54 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.7
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: A question about shipping

Post by cerberus »

Hi burt and raiwa,

I managed to finally get it correct (I can now set "IE" for Ireland in the shipping modules, and now I can get past the shipping page when I check out)

raiwa, yes, I thought I did have a tax zone set up, but I missed the second part of it (setting it to all zones), thank you raiwa for pointing that out.

(I removed tax zones and zones and started afresh with them)

But I never put back the zones for Ireland, the reason being with the zones setup when a customer is inputting their address they hit the continue button after they have selected their country from a drop down menu, then a message askes them to select a zone from another dropdown menu. When this first happened I just thought I missed that drop down menu, but then I realised it just works that way (it cannot list the zones until it knows the country the buyer is in).

So I think I will leave the zones blank, that way the customer does not get the message "Please select a zone" after they have inputted their address and hits continue (that is if they have not entered the zone as a exact match as the system expects it to be).

So I got their in the end,
Thank you both for replying.
Have a good evening.

raiwa
Certified Developer
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:08 am
Phoenix Version: 1.1.0.6
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 156 times

Re: A question about shipping

Post by raiwa »

You can disable the zones menu in the ship in cart module.
Public Phoenix Change Log Cheat Set on Google Sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

cerberus
Member
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 10:54 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.7
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: A question about shipping

Post by cerberus »

Thank you raiwa .



Join The Code Co-op to get access to your library in the Code Co-op Forum
Post Reply