New Spam Accounts
-
AsTecModels
- Contributor
- Posts: 101
- Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2026 6:20 pm
- Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.6
- Has thanked: 6 times
- Been thanked: 3 times
New Spam Accounts
I am getting lots of spam/junk accounts everyday.
Is there anyway or capture that can be done to prevent this?
Is there anyway or capture that can be done to prevent this?
- burt
- Core Team
- Posts: 4725
- Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:37 am
- Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.8
- : Buy Me A Beverage
- Has thanked: 278 times
- Been thanked: 464 times
Re: New Spam Accounts
Some shopowners find success with the Maths Captcha.
app.php/addons/free_addon/maths_captcha
It has not been updated for a while, so it might or might not work on your installation.
app.php/addons/free_addon/maths_captcha
It has not been updated for a while, so it might or might not work on your installation.
-
AsTecModels
- Contributor
- Posts: 101
- Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2026 6:20 pm
- Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.6
- Has thanked: 6 times
- Been thanked: 3 times
Re: New Spam Accounts
Thank you, could not think what it was called, knew I was close but not right.
Will give it a try and report back.burt wrote: ↑Wed Jun 03, 2026 8:05 am Some shopowners find success with the Maths Captcha.
app.php/addons/free_addon/maths_captcha
It has not been updated for a while, so it might or might not work on your installation.
-
AsTecModels
- Contributor
- Posts: 101
- Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2026 6:20 pm
- Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.6
- Has thanked: 6 times
- Been thanked: 3 times
Re: New Spam Accounts
Works well on version 1.1.0.6burt wrote: ↑Wed Jun 03, 2026 8:05 am Some shopowners find success with the Maths Captcha.
app.php/addons/free_addon/maths_captcha
It has not been updated for a while, so it might or might not work on your installation.
-
MyGamesShop
- Contributor
- Posts: 134
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:02 am
- Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.6
- Has thanked: 10 times
- Been thanked: 5 times
Re: New Spam Accounts
Also add the Country/State add-on the drop down confusses them too: Re: S03e08 - Country / State Selector DOWNLOADS
Im not sure if its available outside the Pro downloads, maybe someone can answer that. errmmm Burt?
Im not sure if its available outside the Pro downloads, maybe someone can answer that. errmmm Burt?
-
cerberus
- Member
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 10:54 pm
- Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.7
- Has thanked: 20 times
- Been thanked: 6 times
Re: New Spam Accounts
Installed "Maths Recaptcha".
Just to let everyone know it works on Phoenix cart 1.1.0.7
I like the way it actually gives the answer to the maths question in the form box, I guess burt (I think it was burt that made the addon, if it was not burt, sorry) knows the state of the education system nowadays
And it saved me counting on my fingers to get the answer to test to see if it worked ok
I am not even ready to go into production yet, I even have a banner saying "Test Site Only, Do Not Buy" at the top of the page and I still got my first bit of spam, saying :
"I am looking for a trustworthy entrepreneur/individual to represent my company in sourcing some of Herbal oil basic raw materials used in the manufacturing of high-quality antiviral vaccines" etc
Just to let everyone know it works on Phoenix cart 1.1.0.7
I like the way it actually gives the answer to the maths question in the form box, I guess burt (I think it was burt that made the addon, if it was not burt, sorry) knows the state of the education system nowadays
And it saved me counting on my fingers to get the answer to test to see if it worked ok
I am not even ready to go into production yet, I even have a banner saying "Test Site Only, Do Not Buy" at the top of the page and I still got my first bit of spam, saying :
"I am looking for a trustworthy entrepreneur/individual to represent my company in sourcing some of Herbal oil basic raw materials used in the manufacturing of high-quality antiviral vaccines" etc
- burt
- Core Team
- Posts: 4725
- Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:37 am
- Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.8
- : Buy Me A Beverage
- Has thanked: 278 times
- Been thanked: 464 times
Re: New Spam Accounts
Functionally, Yes - it should work as is. But pretty trivial to actually bypass if a spammer knows what he's doing.
Cosmetically, No - it will look funky as the layout does not match the other fields in the page.
Cosmetically, No - it will look funky as the layout does not match the other fields in the page.
I am not here to build for you.
I am here to build with you. Let's help each other.
I am here to build with you. Let's help each other.
-
cerberus
- Member
- Posts: 78
- Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 10:54 pm
- Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.7
- Has thanked: 20 times
- Been thanked: 6 times
Re: New Spam Accounts
Yes, as you say it did look a bit funky,
But I managed to balance it a bit, before at lower screen resolutions the instruction text would break up and appear onto different lines and look really funky
So I removed the text and kept it simple and it looks a lot better at lesser screen resolutions now.
This is the code now for the instructions and the maths answer box.
const ENTRY_MATHS = 'Add :<br> %s+%s=';
const ENTRY_MATHS_TITLE = 'Answer is %s, enter it here';
I removed the gaps between the %s+%s= now that part will not break up at lesser screen resolutions.
I left a <br> in after the word "Add" to push the sum bit to the next line down as otherwise the send message button was too close to the maths answer input box (no gap and looked too squashed, and the maths bit jumped down anyway at lesser resolutions without the <br>)
This is how it looks now, and it holds that appearance until the resolution gets quite low, then the maths answer box jumps to a new line (see first image)
Still a bit funky, but ok
Now if their was a way to move the maths answer box down to the next line ? but saying that, it is ok as it is.
With a <br> in the code it looks like this :
And below is without <br> in the code :
So it can be made to be a little less funky
But I managed to balance it a bit, before at lower screen resolutions the instruction text would break up and appear onto different lines and look really funky
So I removed the text and kept it simple and it looks a lot better at lesser screen resolutions now.
This is the code now for the instructions and the maths answer box.
const ENTRY_MATHS = 'Add :<br> %s+%s=';
const ENTRY_MATHS_TITLE = 'Answer is %s, enter it here';
I removed the gaps between the %s+%s= now that part will not break up at lesser screen resolutions.
I left a <br> in after the word "Add" to push the sum bit to the next line down as otherwise the send message button was too close to the maths answer input box (no gap and looked too squashed, and the maths bit jumped down anyway at lesser resolutions without the <br>)
This is how it looks now, and it holds that appearance until the resolution gets quite low, then the maths answer box jumps to a new line (see first image)
Still a bit funky, but ok
Now if their was a way to move the maths answer box down to the next line ? but saying that, it is ok as it is.
With a <br> in the code it looks like this :
And below is without <br> in the code :
So it can be made to be a little less funky
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-
14Steve14
- Senior Contributor
- Posts: 941
- Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:01 pm
- Phoenix Version: v1.0.9.1
- Has thanked: 17 times
- Been thanked: 111 times
Re: New Spam Accounts
You may also need to change things like
to
There are a few things like this that differ in BS4 and BS5 and may make the page look broken if not changed.
Code: Select all
text-left text-sm-rightCode: Select all
text-start text-sm-end