Trying to add a banner to the top of the category page

Open to all! Ask other shopowners for help.
User avatar
tessthepup
Certified Developer
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:55 pm
Phoenix Version:
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Trying to add a banner to the top of the category page

Post by tessthepup »

@cerberus
Hi, I am working on an add-on that will be uploaded FOC so if you can give me a few days to finish it then you should be able to place banners on any page you want using a custom admin page. It will also be safe for future Phoenix Cart upgrades as it does not touch any core files.

Attached images are a very rough first draft
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tags:



Join The Code Co-op to get access to your library in the Code Co-op Forum
cerberus
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 10:54 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.7
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Trying to add a banner to the top of the category page

Post by cerberus »

Hi tessthepup,

I think I have it now sorted with the help of burt, he pointed me in the right direction to edit the two files needed, I did have a quick try and the banners appeared in the correct place, however it turns out I think I was editing the files in the wrong place (I should be editing in the override folder, see my previous post), I actually learn more this way.

But saying that I will give your addon a try when finished as it looks like it can do a lot more than just the category page, it will be worth playing with it and see how things look :) and as you say it will be better as I will be able to upgrade (when/if I ever get to the point where I know what I am doing) :)

(or maybe you might want to consider making it a paid for addon, I suppose it depends on how much work you have to put into it ? from what I can see in your images it seems like a lot of work )

User avatar
burt
Core Team
Posts: 4719
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:37 am
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.8
Has thanked: 278 times
Been thanked: 464 times

Re: Trying to add a banner to the top of the category page

Post by burt »

/public_html/shop/templates/override/includes/modules/content/index_nested/templates/tpl_cm_in_title.php

/public_html/shop/templates/override/includes/modules/content/index_products/templates/tpl_cm_ip_title.php

If overriding a TPL file, no need for that templates/ folder piece (marked in red).
Otherwise...correct.

Note that when you override into any theme, maybe override, maybe Ignis, maybe "whatever", if you then stop using that template...the changes disappear UNTIL you override them again in your new template. Hopefully that make sense?
I am not here to build for you.
I am here to build with you. Let's help each other.

cerberus
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 10:54 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.7
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Trying to add a banner to the top of the category page

Post by cerberus »

Hi burt,
Understood.
Thank you.

cerberus
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 10:54 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.7
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Trying to add a banner to the top of the category page

Post by cerberus »

Hi tessthepup

Did you manage to finish the module ? or did it not work out ?

User avatar
tessthepup
Certified Developer
Posts: 416
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:55 pm
Phoenix Version:
Has thanked: 64 times
Been thanked: 66 times

Re: Trying to add a banner to the top of the category page

Post by tessthepup »

cerberus wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 7:09 am Hi tessthepup

Did you manage to finish the module ? or did it not work out ?
@cerberus Still working on it but it is getting there slowly :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

cerberus
Member
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2026 10:54 pm
Phoenix Version: v1.1.0.7
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: Trying to add a banner to the top of the category page

Post by cerberus »

Its looking good :) I see you are really going for it, it seems to be growing :) I also like to orange colour :)

It looks like your having to add lots of different sizes to cater for desktop computers and smaller mobile devices, far too many different screen resolutions out there nowadays.

Maybe one day someone will make a android app of Phoenix cart for the smaller screens.



Join The Code Co-op to get access to your library in the Code Co-op Forum
Post Reply