Payment module suddenly failing? Could be a certificate chain issue

Open to all! Ask other shopowners for help.
User avatar
BrockleyJohn
Certified Developer
Posts: 189
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:37 pm
Phoenix Version:
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 36 times

Payment module suddenly failing? Could be a certificate chain issue

Post by BrockleyJohn »

I had a client today whose sagepay direct module suddenly stopped working.

It came down to an issue with the certificate store distributed with Phoenix having one or more certificates out of date in the chain for verifying sagepay.

The file in question is [catalog]includes/cacart.pem

If your payment module suddenly stops comminicating this is a good thing to try first. However, if yours isn't broken I don't suggest you try this on a live site! If you do use it, make a copy of the old one first.

Was going to attach the one I used but the forum won't let me.

I downloaded it here: https://curl.se/docs/caextract.html



Join The Code Co-op to get access to your library in the Code Co-op Forum
admin
Contributor
Posts: 215
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:34 pm
Phoenix Version:
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 22 times

Re: Payment module suddenly failing? Could be a certificate chain issue

Post by admin »

BrockleyJohn wrote: ↑Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:39 pm Was going to attach the one I used but the forum won't let me.
You will be able to after you have made 3 posts



Join The Code Co-op to get access to your library in the Code Co-op Forum
Post Reply