How to Change Text
You can change any text in a language file in admin Tools → Define Languages - see Change Language Files.
Sometimes it can be difficult to find which language file contains the text.
To find text in a language file, use the search facility at Github where the repository for the code for CE Phoenix is stored.
For our example: How to change Welcome email text.
After completing a test purchase, it can be seen that an email is sent to the customer that starts with the text, We welcome
- Go to the Github repository for CE Phoenix. GitHub repository - https://github.com/CE-PhoenixCart/PhoenixCart
- Enter the search term in the input box (top left) - enclose the text in double quotes.
- For this example enter, "We welcome"
- Click In this repository in the drop down menu.
- The search results will show this:
- In this example, it shows that the text is in the file - includes/languages/english/modules/notifications/n_create_account.php
- Backup any files before making changes.
- This language file in your backup directory could be changed and uploaded to overwrite the one on your server or the file on the server could be edited.
- Alternatively, find the language file in admin Tools → Define Languages list - in this example the file is modules/notifications/n_create_account.php.
- Click to open, make changes to the text - ensure you only change the text and not any code or punctuation marks that may also be part of the code.
- Click Save.
- Check and test the shop.
- The override Template was introduced in v22.214.171.124 which allows copies of edited files to be saved there to prevent them be overwritten in updates.
- So, in this example, open the file includes/languages/english/modules/notifications/n_create_account.php
- Save a copy to templates/override/includes/languages/english/modules/notifications/
- New folders might need to be created in the override template to create this folder structure.
- Open, edit and save the new file templates/override/includes/languages/english/modules/notifications/n_create_account.php
See:- How to Use a Template
Phoenix User Guide is a continuing work in progress.
If you have any suggestions for content correction, improvement or inclusion please email us:
not a clickable link to prevent spam
Phoenix Cart User Guide, like CE Phoenix Cart, is free to use but is maintained by unpaid volunteers.
If you have found it useful, please donate to the coffee pot!
Use this link to donate whatever you want.
Donate with Paypal
Code references are licensed under a Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
All other content is the reserved Intellectual Property and Copyright of phoenixcart.org
PROTECTED BY COPYSCAPE ANTI-PLAGIARISM