Lost Admin Password
If you have lost the login credentials to access admin:
- In your database, select the administrators and delete the existing administrator.
- Edit the file on your server, youradmin/.htpasswd_oscommerce - delete all content and save the file.
- Edit the file on your server, youradmin/.htaccess - delete the following lines:
##### OSCOMMERCE ADMIN PROTECTION - BEGIN ##### AuthType Basic AuthName "osCommerce Online Merchant Administration Tool" AuthUserFile /web/htdocs/YOUR PATH TO ADMIN DIRECTORY/.htpasswd_oscommerce Require valid-user ##### OSCOMMERCE ADMIN PROTECTION - END #####
- Then access yoursite/youradmin
- You will see that no admin exists and that you should enter a username and password to create one.
- Do this, make a record of username and password and access again
- Use the username and password you just entered
- After login, go to Configuration → Administrators and activate additional .htaccess protection.
Phoenix User Guide is a continuing work in progress.
If you have any suggestions for content correction, improvement or inclusion please email us:
not a clickable link to prevent spam
Phoenix User Guide, like CE Phoenix, is free to use and is maintained by unpaid volunteers.
If you have found it useful please donate to keep it alive.
Use this link to donate whatever you want, every little helps.
Donate with Paypal
Code references are licensed under a Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
All other content is the reserved Intellectual Property and Copyright of phoenixcart.org
PROTECTED BY COPYSCAPE ANTI-PLAGIARISM