- Different database software is run on different host servers but they will all operate in essentially the same way - one of the most common is phpMyAdmin.
- SQL (Structured Query Language) code or statements are used to communicate with the database.
- There is usually no requirement to access or edit the database but it may be necessary to restore a previously backed up database or run some SQL to set up new database entries and update some existing database entries as part of a Phoenix update or additional module installation.
- Ensure that you have made a database backup prior to running any SQL.
- Log in to the database through your host server account - they will provide instructions on how to do this.
- You will see this:
- To restore a complete database or install a SQL file:
- Click on the database name shown in the top left menu to see this:
- Click the Import tab in phpMyAdmin to see this:
- Click Choose File
- Navigate to the SQL file on your local computer.
- Click Open to upload the file.
- Click Go in phpMyAdmin (shown bottom right in the screenshot) to run the SQL file.
- To back up a complete database:
- Click on the database name shown in the top left menu.
- Click the Export tab.
- Click Go to download.
- Alternatively click the Custom button for more options before clicking Go to download.
- SQL can also be run as a single statement not contained in a file.
- It might look something like this:
UPDATE configuration SET sort_order = '310' WHERE configuration_key = 'VALUE';
- Log in to the database
- Click on the database name shown at the top of the tables list in the left panel.
- Click the SQL tab in phpMyAdmin to see this:
- Paste (Ctrl+V on keyboard) the previously copied SQL statement into the input box.
- Click Go in phpMyAdmin to run the SQL statement.
Phoenix User Guide is a continuing work in progress.
If you have any suggestions for content correction, improvement or inclusion please email us:
not a clickable link to prevent spam
Phoenix Cart User Guide, like CE Phoenix Cart, is free to use but is maintained by unpaid volunteers.
If you have found it useful, please donate to the coffee pot!
Use this link to donate whatever you want.
Donate with Paypal
Code references are licensed under a Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
All other content is the reserved Intellectual Property and Copyright of phoenixcart.org
PROTECTED BY COPYSCAPE ANTI-PLAGIARISM